Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx  - Jennifer L. Armentrout

SPOILER FREE!

Yet another cover that I just don't like. However it is a... nice shade of purple...
Onyx picks up pretty much exactly where Obsidian left off - Katy is still amazing and Daemon is still very hot
annoying.
Miss Armentrout really did out do herself with Onyx, she had me laughing - out loud! I know, I know, calm yourself. Your thinking to yourself; there is no way that Onyx is better than Obsidian. There is no way that Onyx can be funnier than Obsidian or that I will magically start shipping Daemon with Katy, because, lets face it, he really is quite a douche and a jerk and a big smell poo and Katy deserves better *cries*.

Calms self.

The only way I can think to describe it is that everything just gets... so much better. And it was during Onyx that I really did start to LOVE Daemon and Katy together.
Sure their weird on-off not really a relationship relationship was frustrating, but I kind of loved it

To be honest the only thing that stopped me giving this book 5 stars was the angst. Maybe it was because I love this book so much, but I cant believe it took me reading Onyx for the third time to realize how much angst there is in this series.No joke.

Don't worry though, near the end of the book there is a very sudden plot twist, which I did not see coming, which really helped Miss Armentrout redeem herself.

So that really bumped up the number of stars I gave Onyx (as well as the brief mention of Dean Winchester. Mmm Dean Winchester).
If you enjoyed Obsidian then definitely read Onyx.

Source: http://bookblogk.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/onyx-lux-2-by-jennifer-l-armentrout.html